Leader in Emergency Care
As a tertiary care and referral center, St. Joseph's Emergency Department provided care to over 86,000 patients in 2011. Our physicians are board-certified in Emergency Medicine, and our nursing staff is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC). In addition, our Emergency Department and Trauma Center was the first ACS Level I Trauma Center in the state that is verified by the American College of Surgeons.
The Emergency Department features:
- Six trauma bays with cutting-edge technology, including overhead X-ray machines and supply booms.
- 72 emergency bays. All the rooms in the ED are equipped for patients of any acuity, both adult and pediatric.
- A family consultation room.
- A family viewing room.
- A special area for computed tomography and radiology. This area contains two new 64-slice CT scanners. These will facilitate quicker and clearer images of patients.
- An ambulance entrance, walk-in entrance and waiting area.
- A heliport, which is located on top of the Barrow Neuroscience Tower.
In Fiscal Year 2012, St. Joseph's had 83,517 Emergency Department visits.